Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankful

As I contemplate the peeling of potatos and chopping of onions in preparation for another Thanksgiving feast, I want to take a moment to think about all the things I have to be grateful for. I may not live in the nicest house, or drive a fancy car but I have so many wonderful things in my life, that it is nice to take a moment to acknowledge them.

The thing I am most grateful for is my family.  I have two beautiful, smart, funny daughters who are fun to spend time with and help me so much with the bookstore.  I have sisters and parents and nieces and nephews, all of whom are flying through life at their own pace, dealing with some issues and experiencing some joys.  I get to check in with their lives and occasionally spend time with them and learn from them all the time.

I have a roof over my head that is comfortable and warm.  I have a car that takes me to work and pretty much everywhere else I want to go.  I have more books than any human being should have. I have good food to eat. I have two crazy cats that amuse me and curl up purring next to me while I read. My life, though hectic, is filled with basic creature comforts.

Things are not perfect.  Perfection is not something I even seek these days.  I think I have grown to have the wisdom to know that "enough" is a blessing and that even those that seem to have it all, have their own problems.

So, yes, I am grateful for all that I have.  I hope that this Thanksgiving you all have much to give thanks for as well.

No comments: