Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What Would Pippi Do?

This is me as a child, down to the saddle shoes, I swear. Try to get me to come to dinner or to feed the dog.....just try. My head was always in a book and my mind deeply involved in the plot. I was with Alice in Wonderland or Freckles in the Limberlost. I was Jo in Little Women or Nancy Drew chasing criminals or Claudia in the Metropolitan Museum of Art trying to solve the mystery of the angel. I was lucky to have a mother who figured out that any communication was impossible when there was a book in my hand.

So when I saw this article on Jezebel about terms inspired by the ladies of children's literature, I wanted to pass it on. I especially like "Granger Danger" because it describes behavior I exhibit much too often. Click on the link, revisit your favorite fictional kids book characters and imagine how useful they can be for your everyday vocabulary.

No comments: