Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cause for Celebration

This AP photograph is a book lover's dream. We have a president-elect who looks awfully comfortable carrying a book around! Not a Kindle, not a file, not a newspaper......a real live, paper and print book. Here is a favorite quote from Barack Obama:

"I believe that if we want to give our children the best possible chance in life, if we want to open the doors of opportunity while they're young and teach them the skills they'll need to succeed later on, then one of our greater responsibilities as citizens, as educators and as parents is to insure that every American child can read and read well. That's because literacy is the most basic currency of the knowledge economy that we're living in today."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

..and he's reading about Lincoln too.

Heya heya Ter,
I DON'T HAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!! And I need it :) want to stay in touch.

Drop me a line at ags310@nyu.edu so I can get you in my address book.

Sorry I missed you over Thanksgiving, it's been a while. But I've been busy busy, lots of things to talk about when I'm back over the holidays. I'm starting a new-media publishing company and working on a writing institute/network.

Get back to me, hope you're good.

-Amanda